Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Fancy night away in Dublin

When I got my Easter holidays from work I literally had nothing planned, friends were flying to amazing destinations and I had no plans, mainly because I thought we were getting our house painted over Easter, but this has been postponed until Summer. So I am pleasantly surprised with how Easter is going so far because I've spent three nights away! The first 2 were with the kids and then I had a lovely child free, girly night away with a friend.
It was a fairly last minute little trip so we decided to stay in the Westbury just off Grafton Street in Dublin. I have always wanted to stay there so it really felt like a big tick off the bucket list (even if it was only for one night it still counts!) I just love all the little attention to detail in a 5 star hotel. The room was lovely, not much of a view, but so quiet, you'd never know you were in the heart of Dublin! And I'd a lovely sleep in til 8:30! (Its a sleep in when you have three kids!)



Breakfast wasn't included in the package so we just had a coffee in the room and sat back and chatted and chilled until it was time to check out. We then went to Brown Thomas. I wanted to get new lipstick so I decided to book to get our makeup done which is redeemable against two products. I know I wasn't going anywhere but it was a nice treat! I booked the Dior makeup artist. I'll do a blog post soon on the products I bought.


After all that it was time for lunch, we popped around the corner to Laduree for some afternoon tea. Again a real treat. It was all so tasty. I just love the look and feel of Laduree. The caramel macaroon is definitely my favourite!



After lunch we browsed a few shops but I didn't pick up anything new,,,which I am very proud of! Then it was back home to 3 kids and reality! But at least the batteries were recharged!





No comments:

Post a Comment